A GLOBAL PROBLEM
- More than 3 billion people use biomass (wood, coal) as fuel to meet basic needs such as cooking, heating their home, etc.
- Inhaling wood smoke inside homes causes various diseases, among the main ones:
-Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
-Acute respiratory infections
-Low birth weight and perinatal conditions
-Lung and nasopharyngeal cancer
- Exposure to wood smoke is the main risk factor for lung cancer in non-smoking population. In Mexico, 40% of lung cancer cases arise from the firewood use. Out of that 40%, 60% are women, since they can daily spend up to 8 hrs. cooking.
- The use of traditional open fire stoves also increases burn risks, and as firewood is usually carried on their back, walking several kilometers, it causes severe musculoskeletal damage.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that every year 4.3 million people die on the planet because of this.
- Under the premise that “Cooking should not kill” (Hillary Clinton) the Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves began in 2010 through the Hillary Clinton efforts. Today it is led by Radha Muthiah and by 2020 it should find a solution to address the 100 million households in the planet that still cooking with firewood / coal.
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MEXICO?
- 25 to 28 million people in the country cook with firewood. Out of these, 19 million only use this fuel to cook and about 8 million use it in combination with L.P. gas.
- According to the National Institute of Respiratory Diseases (INER), the states with greater exposure to wood smoke are Chiapas, Michoacán, Puebla and Oaxaca.
- The firewood usage is concentrated in rural and semi-urban households.
- 5 tons of firewood are consumed per family each year, i.e. 2 or 3 kg. per day / per person.
- It is estimated that 600,000 hectares per year are lost in Mexico; if this keeps up, Mexican tropical forests could disappear by 2050.
You can help combat this problem that causes so many deaths per year and contribute to changing lives.
Join our cause in different ways!
Do you want to join this project by making free promotion of The Glatt Stove so that more people can get to know it?
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: +52 55 41950520
Are you a wholesaler of any commercial division and you are interested in selling The Glatt Stove and its fuel through your own points of sale?
Call us if you are interested in becoming our distributor. You will have to place a minimum initial order of $2,500 USD (FOB charge).
Call us: +52 55 70952088 / 70950619. Cell Phone: +52 5550689691
Send an email to: email@example.com
During our participation in the Entrepreneur National Week 2016, organized by National Institute of Entrepreneur (INADEM, by its acronym in Spanish), the visitors were impressed with our stand “Impact Cinema” and had the opportunity to learn everything related to The Glatt Stove, like its benefits, commercialization plans and the impact it has had in different areas.
Under the slogan Save lives with The Glatt Stove, we wanted to show the potential of the product to the entrepreneurial universe, because as well as superheros save lives, The Glatt Stove also has the mission to save the life of people dying for not having a clean option for cooking.
Glatt Stove was born as a entrepreneurship project and now we have become a B Corp that seeks to lead The Glatt Stove’s innovation from Mexico to the whole world.